Critical Reflection

Module Learning

I had set two aims during the first week of class that I intend to achieve by the end of this module, to be more comfortable speaking in front of people and more proficient at writing. Thanks to Professor Brad, I feel more comfortable speaking in front of groups now that I have finished this module. He made sure that each student had the chance to read in front of the class throughout his lessons. This gave me more courage to speak up in unexpected circumstances and helped prepare me for the oral presentation. I have also seen improvements in my written proficiency, as I was prone to grammatical errors in my written essays.  

I recall that we had to write a personal letter about myself the first week. It was an interesting way to teach students how to write a proper letter. Through the module, I learned how to source credible information and relearn how to cite correctly using APA format. It helped me not only in my summary/reader response and technical report, but it will also help in future reports that I would need to write. It required me to relearn many forgotten old techniques like paraphrasing and citation, which would prove helpful in my future modules.


Project Learning

Several team-based assignments were assigned to us during the course. The technical report assignment, on the other hand, was the most memorable. I was worried when we were allocated to our teams since I was in a group with people I had never talked to before. We warmed up to one another after a few sessions, and it became simpler to discuss the areas of the project. Unfortunately, not everything was smooth sailing as we had hoped; there were miscommunications between the members' thoughts, which needed to be resolved. I realized that while talking with my peers, we must clarify the approach we are adopting to prevent group confusion. 

I appreciate how helpful my teammates were with the project. My teammates made the time to contribute to the project even though our schedules were jam-packed with several deadlines and tests. It was essential that my coworkers and I make an effort to support one another in finishing this assignment, and I am grateful for their assistance. The most important takeaway from this experience is understanding one another better and learning how to work as a team. It is crucial since it could have an impact on how well our team members collaborate and the quality of our work. 

Thank you, Professor Brad, for your guidance and making the module a fruitful and enjoyable one. It exceeded my expectations, and I am glad that I got to learn so much more.







Comments