Letter of Introduction

Subject: Formal Letter of Introduction

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Ashley, and I am writing this letter to introduce myself formally. I am currently studying at Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT), pursuing a degree in robotics systems engineering. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP) with a diploma in automation and mechatronic systems. 

During my time in NP, I had the opportunity to do an internship at Molex, an electronic manufacturing company, where I developed the ability to self-learning and had the chance to present my project to the senior managers of the company. Engineering piqued my interest when I was in my secondary school days, where I had a o'level subject, design and technology, where I could learn more about the industry, which led me to study in NP. My experience at NP was rewarding, and it piqued my interest in robotics even more. So, I enrolled in SIT's robotics system engineering course.

I believe one of my communication weaknesses is to speak confidently to a large group. I tend to feel nervous during presentations and usually avoid eye contact with the audience. However, I will feel more confident speaking and conveying my thoughts in smaller settings. As I am usually more talkative with people, I am closer.

By the end of this module, I hope to have gained confidence in speaking to crowds and improved my writing abilities. These skills are essential to me as I would like to be able to express myself confidently in uncertain situations, like a job interview. I look forward to learning more from you.

Best Regards,

Ashley

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ashley,

    Thanks for the detailed yet concise letter. I appreciate the content being aligned with the brief. I'm also happy to learn of your interest in robotics. I'd also be interested in learning more about the project you did at Molex and how you had the opportunity to present in front of management. What was the outcome?

    There are some issues with language use in this letter. You need to review your use sentence structure in this one in particular:
    -- As I am usually more talkative with people, I am closer. > (?)

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley! It was nice to read your letter. I found your letter easy and clear to read. I could not find any errors apart from the one listed by our Lecturer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The letter is very interesting to read and enables the reader to connect to your experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment